Thursday, August 12, 2010

Glen Lennox

I took one of our cars in for some attention at the BP station at Glen Lennox today. It occurred to me that they, too, may be feeling the effect of the oil spill in the Gulf?

In any case, it was nice to see that Studio 91 is open there, and that they have replaced the disintegrating sidewalk, curb and concrete gutter in front of the bus stop. That's the one that collected a small lake of water that a bus could easily share with anyone waiting at the stop. Now the owners of the apartment complex there can move to replace their brick wall that could replace the pools of water sitting on the sidewalk if they don't act pretty soon. I was also reminded however how loud the noise level is there - just the ambient noise of the cars and trucks, and buses. It's surprising to me that this is not mentioned more often. Once I got on the bus to return to Southern Village, I was reminded how cold Chapel Hill Transit seems to keep its buses. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment