Saturday, August 7, 2010

Durham Performing Arts Center

My wife and I have been out of town for a while, and only recenlty realized that Norah JONES would be performing tomorrow at the Durham Performing Arts Center. Expecting few tickets, if any, to remain, we decided to check.

I went to the website, and found her concert without too much trouble, but waited, unsuccessfully, for 10 minutes for the interactive seating chart to load. It did not. I then rummaged around on the site, and found the main contact number. We are closed, I was told, and unless you know the "extension of the person", etc., you are out of luck. I left a message for the special events manager as that is the mailbox to which I wound up being delivered. I said that this was not a good way to run things, and that the phone to call if a problem with the interactive "beta" ought to be rea clear. So back to the site I went, and found yet another page that gave me a number to call for tickets and finally reached a person after several press ones and twos, etc. He said that the interactive feature probably was not working because they are sold out.

I asked him why the site did not simply say this up front, and I got a tortured response that surely did not satisfy me.

Some customer interrelationships can be addressed so unbelievably well with just a little simple use of the English language to explain what's happening and if it does not happen, what's next. Why is that so often so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment