Saturday, March 20, 2010

Three shopping notes

It's interesting, at least, that Walmart has eliminated all of their self-checkout lines. One employee told me that it was because of maintenance issues - they kept breaking down. I bet there are other reasons and it may be a local option question.

Separately, I was curious in checking out of Weaver Street Market to know how many people walked out of the store with a printed receipt in their hands. The Market person who checked me out said that she thinks it is more of less 50/50. I will ask again. There is a lot to be learned from that choice, I think.

I have purchased several items recently at Home Depot that I was not able to use once I got them home. The no questions asked return policy there is very impressive; no one ever challenged me on my good faith returns. I wonder if most stores in Chapelboroham have a similar approach. For me, it adds to customer satisfaction but whether it makes me shop at Home Depot more often is not clear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment